Mose Waters’ General Store
This structure is named for Mose Waters, the post sutler who built it in 1888 as a general store and recreation center. It became the first post exchange in 1897 and was converted to living quarters in 1930.
Erected by United States Army.
Location. 39° 3.929′ N, 96° 47.235′ W. Marker is in Fort Riley, Kansas, in Geary County. Marker is on Sheridan Avenue 0.1 miles west of Pleasanton Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at Waters Hall. Marker is at or near this postal address: 170 Sheridan Avenue, Fort Riley KS 66442, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wounded Knee and Drexel Mission (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of the Gallant Dead of the Second U.S. Cavalry (approx. 0.2 miles away); To the United States Cavalry (approx. 0.2 miles away); West Riding Hall / Polk Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Global War on Terrorism Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sturgis Stadium (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tuttle Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); 9th Armored Division (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Riley.
Categories. • Entertainment • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.