Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Central Presbyterian Church
November 14, 1835
Moved to this site
May 7, 1910
Erected 1960 by Central Presbyterian Church, Buffalo Historical Society.
Location. 42° 56.107′ N, 78° 50.627′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New York State Route 5) and Jewett Parkway, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is fixed to the east side of the church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 Jewett Parkway, Buffalo NY 14214, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex (approx. ¼ mile away); An Architectural Treasure (approx. ¼ mile away); Buffalo Zoo (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Flint Hill Encampment (approx. half a mile away); Flint Hill Encampment 1812 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Unnamed Soldiers of the War of 1812 (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Sample Shop (approx. 0.9 miles away); Mary Morris Burnett Talbert (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History
Also see . . .
1. Central Presbyterian Church - Buffalo as an Architectural Museum. In 2007 the Central Presbyterian Church merged back with the First Presbyterian Church and sold the property. (Submitted on February 28, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
2. Aloma D. Johnson Charter School. This is the current occupant of the church property. (Submitted on February 28, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 221 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.