Pawhuska in Osage County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the First Osage Agency Building
1873 - 1932
First Osage Agency Building
the Department of the Interior
the Osage Indians.
Erected 1932 by Pawhuska Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 36° 39.8′ N, 96° 20.42′ W. Marker is in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, in Osage County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 11) and Osage Avenue, on the left when traveling west on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Main Street, Pawhuska OK 74056, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Osage in the Enemy Camp" (within shouting distance of this marker); Blacksmith Home (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vernon Whiting (approx. 0.2 miles away); An Answer To Prayer (approx. 0.2 miles away); Restoring the Whiting Apartments (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Million Dollar Elm" (approx. Oil in the Osage Indian Nation and the "Million Dollar Elm" (approx. 0.3 miles away); Friendship Between the Osage and the Occitan of Montauban (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pawhuska.
Also see . . . Osage Nation. (Submitted on March 1, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 220 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.