Ogden in Weber County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Utah Trunk Factory
241-243 - 25th Street
This building was a furniture store from 1917 until 1942. In 1917, Abraham Siner, a prominent member of Ogdenís Jewish community, opened the Utah Trunk Furniture Company and continued business until 1922. The Big Four Furniture Company, owned by Mollie Sugar, occupied the building from 1924 until 1935. From 1939 until 1942, Paul J. Kammeyer used the building for the Pioneer Furniture Exchange, a used furniture store. In 1942, Milton Noble bought the furniture exchange and converted the building into Nobleís Cafe two years later. After 1948, Katy Hirao used part of the building for the Jade Cafe.
This one-part commercial block is a one-story
Erected 1996 by Ogden City Landmarks Commission.
Location. 41° 13.234′ N, 111° 58.483′ W. Marker is in Ogden, Utah, in Weber County. Marker is on 25th Street (East 2500 South) near Lincoln Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 241-243 - 25th Street, Ogden UT 84401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. ZCMI Co-op Building (here, next to this marker); Kansas City Liquor House (a few steps from this marker); Davenport Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); London Ice Cream Parlor (within shouting distance of this marker); Harry Jordanís Cigar Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Restaurant and Switch European Lodgings (within shouting distance of this marker); The Solomon C. Stephens Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Livingston Confectionary (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Ogden.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 196 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.