Nashville in Davidson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Christ Church Cathedral/Old Christ Church (1831~1890)
Organized in 1829, Christ Church was Nashville's first Episcopal parish. The present Victorian Gothic church designed by Francis Hatch Kimball of New York, opened for service on Dec. 16, 1894; the tower , by local architect Russell E. Hart was added in 1947. Designated the Cathedral for the Diocese of Tennessee at the 1995 Diocesan Convention.
(Image of Church)
Sixth Avenue N. & Church Street
Hugh Roland, Architect
Erected 1995 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.
Location. 36° 9.515′ N, 86° 46.99′ W. Marker is in Nashville, Tennessee, in Davidson County. Marker is on Broadway. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 Broadway, Nashville TN 37203, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nashville Centennial (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain John Gordon 1763-1819 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The South Field (about 400 feet away); Nashville's First Public School (about 500 feet away); Randall Jarrel (about Customs House (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vauxhall Garden Site (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Nashville.
Also see . . . Christ Church Cathedral. about us (Submitted on March 10, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 956 times since then. Last updated on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.