Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Former U.S. Arsenal
Erected 1976 by Military Order of World Wars. (Marker Number 49.1976.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 39° 46.497′ N, 86° 7.985′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Michigan Street and North Arsenal Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Located on the grounds of Arsenal Technical High School. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 East Michigan Street, Indianapolis IN 46201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woodruff Place (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lockerbie Square (approx. 0.9 miles away); Athenaeum (approx. 0.9 miles away); North Western Christian University (approx. 0.9 miles away); Ovid Butler, Sr. (approx. one mile away); Market Street Temple Zerelda G. Wallace (approx. 1.1 miles away); First Indiana State Meeting of the Christian Churches (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Indianapolis.
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.