Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ithan in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Radnor Meeting House

 
 
Radnor Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
1. Radnor Meeting House Marker
Inscription. A center of Friends' activities since 1686. The second house, built about 1721, served as an officers' house and a hospital for Valley Forge encampment.
 
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 1.821′ N, 75° 21.841′ W. Marker is in Ithan, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is on Conestoga Road just west of Pennsylvania Route 320. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Villanova PA 19085, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Radnor Friends Meeting House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wayne Natatorium (approx. 1.5 miles away); Woodcrest (approx. 1.8 miles away); St. David's Church (approx. 2 miles away); Gulph Mills Village (approx. 2.6 miles away); Bryn Mawr Summer School for Women Workers in Industry (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Baldwin School (approx. 2.7 miles away); Woodrow Wilson (approx. 2.7 miles away).
 
Categories. Charity & Public WorkChurches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Radnor Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
2. Radnor Meeting House Marker
Radnor Meeting House image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
3. Radnor Meeting House
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 153 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement