Québec in Capitale-Nationale (region), Quebec — French Canadian Region
Convent of the Nuns of the Congregation
On this site stood the convent of the Nuns of the Congregation, established by Sister Bourgeoys, in 1692, and occupied by the said religious community up to 1843, when it removed to St.-Roch.
Sur cet emplacement s’élevait le couvent des religieuses de la Congrégation, établi par la Soeur Bourgeoys, en 1692, et occupé jusqu’en 1843 par cette communauté, qui alors se transporte à St.-Roch.
Location. 46° 48.836′ N, 71° 12.155′ W. Marker is in Québec, Quebec, in Capitale-Nationale (region). Marker is at the intersection of Rue Saint-Pierre and Côté de la Montagne, on the left when traveling south on Rue Saint-Pierre. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 48 Rue Saint-Pierre, Québec, Quebec G1K 4A6, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Charles Aubert de la Chesnaye (within shouting distance of this marker); Urselines de Quebec (within shouting distance of this marker); Les filles du roy (within shouting distance of this marker); Le premier monastère d’Ursulines (within shouting distance of this marker); Pierre Dugua de Mons (about 120 Site historique et archéologique de l’Habitation-Samuel-De Champlain (about 120 meters away); Notre-Dame-des-Victoires (about 120 meters away); First Graveyard of Quebec (about 120 meters away). Click for a list of all markers in Québec.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 158 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.