Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir in La-Vallée-du-Richelieu MRC, Quebec — French Canadian Region
Fort Ste. Therese
Built in 1665, on the point south east beyond the canal, by M. de Salieres. One of the forts constructed on the Richelieu by the Carignan Regiment for defence against the Iroquois, starting point of the expedition of 1666. In June, 1760, Major Robert Rogers burned the fortified post.
Bâti en 1665, sur la pointe sud-est, de l'autre côté du canal, par M. de Salières. L'un des forts construit sur le Richelieu, par le régiment de Carignan, pour arrêter les Iroquois. Point de départ de l'expédition de 1666. En juin 1760, le major Robert Rogers brule le magasin fortifié qui s'y trouvait.
Erected 1927 by Historic Sites and Monument Board of Canada/Commission de lieux et monuments historique du Canada.
Location. 45° 23.832′ N, 73° 15.614′ W. Marker is in Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir, Quebec, in La-Vallée-du-Richelieu MRC. Marker is on Chemin Sainte-Thérèse (Quebec Route 233) just from Rue René Dumas, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4293 Chemin Sainte-Thérèse, Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir, Quebec J0L 1P0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Sainte-Thérèse St. Stephen's Anglican Church (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); Chambly Canal (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); General John Thomas (approx. 5.9 kilometers away); Fort Chambly Cemetery (approx. 5.9 kilometers away); Fort Chambly (approx. 6 kilometers away); Albani (approx. 7 kilometers away); Former Grand Trunk Railway Station (approx. 10.5 kilometers away).
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.