Cleveland Park in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Peirce Still House
National Register of Historic Places
The House is constructed of blue granite quarried from the local area. The House was originally utilized as a distillery, but was converted into a residence in 1924.
In 1955, the House was occupied by Sherman Adams, Chief of Staff to President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who entertained many political figures at the House, including Sir Winston Churchill.
The House is now a private residence.
Location. 38° 56.42′ N, 77° 3.158′ W. Marker is in Cleveland Park, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is on Shoemaker Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2400 Tilden Street, Washington DC 20008, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Peirce Family Estate (within shouting distance of this marker); Pierce Mill (within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing); Springhouse (about 300 feet away, measured Machine in a Stone Box (about 300 feet away); Orchards, Fields, Gardens, Pastures (about 300 feet away); Pierce Plantation (about 300 feet away); Michael Kovats de Fabricy (about 300 feet away); Herring Highway (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Cleveland Park.
Also see . . . Peirce Still House. (PDF) National Register of Historic Places Registration Form. (Submitted on December 14, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 349 times since then and 28 times this year. Last updated on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on January 27, 2017.