Near West Chester in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Friends School at Birmingham Meeting House
Erected 1911 by Chester County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 54.339′ N, 75° 35.677′ W. Marker is near West Chester, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on S. Birmingham Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on the grounds of Birmingham Meeting House. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Birmingham Friends Meeting House (here, next to this marker); On This Native Stone (a few steps from this marker); First Defense Line (within shouting distance of this marker); The Peace Garden at Birmingham (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen's Lafayette and Pulaski (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Those Who Fell (within shouting distance of this marker); Birmingham Hill (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of Brandywine (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in West Chester.
Also see . . . Dr. William Darlington. (Submitted on March 30, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Education • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,291 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.