Bastrop in Bastrop County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Beginning of Wilbarger's Trace, blazed by his son James Harvey Wilbarger 1860 with slaves and ox-wagons carrying commerce to Corpus Christi and Matamoros, Mex.
Erected 1926 by Wilbarger Descendants.
Location. 30° 10.545′ N, 97° 24.934′ W. Marker is in Bastrop, Texas, in Bastrop County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 969 and Wilbarger Bend (County Route 65), on the right when traveling west on Route 969. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bastrop TX 78602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Hill Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Bluff Trail Overlook (approx. 2.9 miles away); Site of the Home of Col. Robert M. Coleman (approx. 4.5 miles away); George Self (approx. 5.8 miles away); Joseph J. Manor Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); David Crawford Edmiston (approx. 5.8 miles away); James Euwin Edmiston (approx. 5.8 miles away); Union Lee Baptist Church (approx. 6.8 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.