The Carroll House
Leavenworth Historical Museum
In the early 1860's John Foster bought the farm land and house which is now Leavenworth's Museum. The farm was transferred to Lucien Scott a banker in 1882. Mr. Scott added the front part to the house and his architect George McKenna carved the beautiful interior woodwork.
Edward Carroll, later President of the Leavenworth National Bank, purchased the property in 1889. It was a center of gracious living until 1964 when his daughter Miss Ella Carroll gave the house to the Leavenworth Historical Society.
Erected 1967 by Leavenworth Historical Society.
Location. 39° 18.4′ N, 94° 55.058′ W. Marker is in Leavenworth, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of 5th Avenue and Middle Street, on the right when traveling north on 5th Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 334 5th Avenue, Leavenworth KS 66048, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lincoln Steps (within shouting distance of this marker); Nathaniel Burt House (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of David Josiah Brewer (within shouting distance of this marker); American Legion Post #23 Veterans Memorial
Also see . . .
1. History of the Carroll Mansion, Leavenworth KS. (Submitted on April 27, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Edward Carroll House National Register Nomination. (Submitted on April 27, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.