Bradshaw Park honors the memory of the pioneer Bradshaw family headed by Charles A. and Sarah Bradshaw.
On May 25, 1869 they gave land to the Missouri River, Fort Scott, and Gulf Railroad for the establishment and maintenance of a railroad station. That land and the station, helped insure the success of Lenexa.
Location. 38° 57.723′ N, 94° 44.299′ W. Marker is in Lenexa, Kansas, in Johnson County. Marker is on Santa Fe Trail Drive west of Noland Road, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lenexa KS 66215, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Santa Fe Trail (here, next to this marker); Opening the Floodgates (approx. 2.1 miles away); Voices from the Trail (approx. 2.1 miles away); Two Routes from Westport (approx. 2.1 miles away); Wagons and Coaches... ...to Trains and Planes (approx. 2.1 miles away); "Wheels of Progress" (approx. 3.5 miles away); The Pioneer Spirit (approx. 3.5 miles away); Wilson-Weldon Buildings (approx. 3.8 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Kansas City, Fort Scott & Gulf Railroad: A Brief History. (Submitted on May 9, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of Lenexa, Kansas
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 266 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.