Piedmont in Calhoun County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Piedmont First United Methodist Church
The present sanctuary was built in 1916, the Rev. William Raines Battles serving as pastor. The T. Ben Kerr Memorial Building was added in 1950-51 and the J. Clifton Draper Memorial Building in 1968.
This marker was erected on September 18, 1988, In memory of those who founded the Cross Plains Methodist Church, South, and in Tribute to those who have sustained its mission.
Location. 33° 55.524′ N, 85° 36.807′ W. Marker is in Piedmont, Alabama, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Alabama Street on North Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 North Main Street, Piedmont AL 36272, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other The Alabama Tennessee River Railroad (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cross Plains - Piedmont (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Magnolias" (approx. 11.2 miles away); Thomas A. Walker (approx. 11.2 miles away); Joseph William Burke (approx. 11.2 miles away); Jacksonville State University (approx. 11.2 miles away); Presidents of Jacksonville State (approx. 11.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Piedmont.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,302 times since then and 90 times this year. Last updated on , by J. Makali Bruton of San Salvador, El Salvador. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.