Meadville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ninety seven industries, business concerns and individuals subscribed to the initial stock offering and the mortgage was carried by the Pennsylvania State Workman's Insurance Fund.
Ground breaking took place in April 1936 and during the following six months 202 homes would be built with the first tenant taking occupancy October 3, 1936.
Location. 41° 38.228′ N, 80° 7.705′ W. Marker is in Meadville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street (Pennsylvania Route 77) and Graff Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Washington Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Meadville PA 16335, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bishop James M. Thoburn (approx. half a mile away); Richard Henderson (approx. one mile away); Birthplace of the Direct Primary (approx. 1.1 miles away); Crawford County (approx. 1.1 miles away); Raymond Philip Shafer (approx. 1.1 miles away); Unitarian Church Chamber of Commerce (approx. 1.2 miles away); Allegheny College (approx. 1.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Meadville.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 242 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.