Cato in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1818 by John
Hooker, associate of
Ethan Allen. Mill was old
part of present building.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 10.077′ N, 76° 34.559′ W. Marker is in Cato, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on West Main Street (New York State Route 370) 0.2 miles west of North Street (New York State Route 34), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in the village of Cato, Town of Ira. The street is the town line. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2437 West Main Street, Cato NY 13033, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jakway's Corners (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site Where Four Towns Meet (approx. 0.9 miles away); Burial Place (approx. 1.1 miles away); In Memory of Abner Hollister (approx. 2 miles away); Cato Four Corners (approx. 2 miles away); Town of Brutus (approx. 8.3 miles away); Weed's Basin (approx. 8.3 miles away); Firehouse (approx. 8.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cato.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 244 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.