Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First United Methodist Church
Erected by Florence Historical Board Florence Alabama.
Location. 34° 48.202′ N, 87° 40.607′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is on East Tuscaloosa Street. Click for map. The church sits on the corner of East Tuscaloosa and North Seminary Streets. Marker is located in front of the Church which faces East Tuscaloosa Street. (just right of the front of the church). Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 North Seminary Street, Florence AL 35630, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Regions Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonel Pickett Place (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sannoner Historic District Medical Arts Building Woodrow Wilson Park (about 500 feet away); Sannoner Historic District (about 500 feet away); Pope's Tavern Museum (about 600 feet away); Justice John McKinley Federal Building (about 600 feet away); Wood Avenue Historic District (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Florence.
Also see . . . The History of the First United Methodist Church Florence, Alabama. First United Methodist Church was established on September 8, 1822,, by John Cox, an Englishmen, and John Kerr, an Irishman. There were eight people in attendance that day in John Cox's rustic log cabin home. Five were members of his family. (Submitted on March 10, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 1,021 times since then and 70 times this year. Last updated on , by J. Makali Bruton of San Salvador, El Salvador. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.