Near White Sulphur Springs in Greenbrier County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Greenbrier County / Virginia
Virginia. Named for Queen Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen of England. Site of the first permanent English settlement, 1607, in America. Virginia was one of the 13 original colonies and birthplace of eight United States presidents.
Erected 2012 by West Virginia Archives & History.
Location. 37° 46.736′ N, 80° 13.671′ W. Marker is near White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, in Greenbrier County. Marker is on Kanawha Trail (West Virginia Route 311) 0.3 miles south of Exit 183 (Interstate 64), on the right. Click for map. Exit 183 is an incomplete exit. You can only exit eastbound. The return is westbound. When approaching from the west, continue to the next exit and return east. Marker is in this post office area: White Sulphur Springs WV 24986, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alleghany County Va. / West Virginia (a few steps from this marker in Virginia); West Virginia / Alleghany County, Virginia "Oakhurst" Golf Club (approx. 3.5 miles away); Dry Creek Battle (approx. 3.5 miles away); The Battle of White Sulphur (approx. 3.6 miles away); White Sulphur (approx. 4.2 miles away); Kate's Mountain (approx. 4.3 miles away); The Greenbrier Clinic and Project Greek Island (approx. 4.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in White Sulphur Springs.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 189 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.