Fort Dodge in Webster County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Dragoon Trail Historical Site Marker No. 12
Blazed in 1835 by the
First U.S. Dragoons
Stephen W. Kearny
Erected 1938 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 29.267′ N, 94° 11.9′ W. Marker is in Fort Dodge, Iowa, in Webster County. Marker is at the intersection of Museum Road and Kenyon Road (Iowa Route 20), on the left when traveling north on Museum Road. Click for map. Marker is located just in front of the Fort Dodge Museum, inside it's own shelter. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Museum Rd Fort Dodge, IA 50501, Fort Dodge IA 50501, United States of America.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . The Fort Dodge Dragoons. The Fort Dodge Museum provides an overview of the Dragoons and the Dragoon Trail. (Submitted on May 18, 2015.)
Categories. • Exploration • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. This page has been viewed 327 times since then and 3 times this year. Last updated on , by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.