Near Huxford in Escambia County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Old Federal Road
Coley Chapel is the present day site of the former Town of Hadley. MacDavid's Hotel was also located here and was recorded by travelers in the 1830's as a hotel which had "plenty of nice pork, which in some shape or other is the food generally used in this thinly peopled country ..."
Erected 1998 by the Monroe County Heritage Museums and J. L. Bedsole Foundation.
Location. 31° 15.724′ N, 87° 25.658′ W. Marker is near Huxford, Alabama, in Escambia County. Marker is on Butler Road (County Road 45) 0.1 miles south of Neuschwander Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5376 Butler Road, Atmore AL 36502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Creek Indian Removal (approx. 3.9 miles away); a different marker also named Old Federal Road (approx. 4.7 miles away); Uriah Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.3 miles away); Frisco City Centennial Time Capsule (approx. 11.8 miles away); Frisco City Town Park (approx. 11.8 miles away); a different marker also named Old Federal Road (approx. 17.2 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this
Also see . . .
1. Old Federal Road in Alabama. (Submitted on June 14, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
2. Blog about the marker. (Submitted on June 14, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 181 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.