Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lewisburg in Union County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Buffalo Church

 
 
Buffalo Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, June 15, 2015
1. Buffalo Church Marker
Inscription. Organized by Presbyterian pioneers, 1773; broken up by Indian raids. Resumed with first regular pastor 1787. Log church of about 1774 replaced by stone in 1816, by brick in 1846. It stands a mile to the north.
 
Location. 40° 56.713′ N, 76° 57.986′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, in Union County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Turnpike Road and Johnson Mill Road on Old Turnpike Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewisburg PA 17837, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Samuel Maclay (approx. 0.2 miles away); Buffalo Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); a different marker also named Buffalo Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Col. John Kelly (approx. 3.2 miles away); Daniel F. Green (approx. 4.1 miles away); Fought's Mill (approx. 4.1 miles away); Bucknell University (approx. 4.1 miles away); John Jacob LeRoy (approx. 4.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lewisburg.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Colonial EraNative Americans
 
Buffalo Church image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, June 15, 2015
2. Buffalo Church
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 199 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement