Thessaloniki in Regional unit of Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia Region, Greece
The exhibition uses multimedia applications, printed graphic compositions and some archaeological material; its thematic units are deployed on each floor as follows:
(0) Ground floor
Thessaloniki. Space and time
(1) 1st floor
(2) 2nd floor
Thessaloniki. Monuments and history
(3) 3rd floor
Thessaloniki. A homeland of people
(4) 4th floor
Thessaloniki. On the routes of commerce
(5) 5th floor
Thessaloniki. Leisure and culture
(6) 6th floor
People with moving disabilities can be virtually guided through the exhibition via informational stations on the ground floor.
Giftshop, 6th floor
The limited space, the internal monument structure and the need to maintain stable climatic conditions
a. a maximum limit of up to 70 visitors
b. extreme caution of the visitors due to the low height of the staircase and passages connecting the rooms.
- do not permit the operation of basic museum facilities.
Location. 40° 37.589′ N, 22° 56.913′ E. Marker is in Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia Region, in Regional unit of Thessaloniki. Marker is on Nikis Avenue just east of Nikiforou Foka, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. This marker is located in the downtown business district, very near the waterfront, in a public park, along a walkway, that is just in front of the structure that is a well known local landmark, named the White Tower. Marker is at or near this postal address: Nikis Avenue 01, Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia Region 546 21, Greece.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. White Tower (here, next to this marker).
Also see . . .
1. The White Tower of Thessaloniki. This is a link to information provided by the Historvius website. (Submitted on July 1, 2015, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. White Tower Museum. This is a link to information provided by inthessaloniki.com. (Submitted on July 1, 2015, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
3. The White Tower. This is a link to information provided (Submitted on July 1, 2015, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
4. White Tower Site. This is a link to information provided by the Museum of Byzantine Culture. (Submitted on July 1, 2015, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 246 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.