Appomattox Court House in Appomattox County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
by Captain Wilson T. Jenkins of the 14th
North Carolina Regiment commanding 25
men of the 4th and 14th N.C. Regiments.
Location. 37° 22.605′ N, 78° 48.086′ W. Marker is in Appomattox Court House, Virginia, in Appomattox County. Marker can be reached from Richmond-Lynchburg Stage Road north of Old Courthouse Road (Virginia Route 24), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Located in the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 National Park Drive, Appomattox VA 24522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wartime Landscape (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate Cemetery (about 500 feet away); Appomattox (about 500 feet away); Sears Lane (about 500 feet away); Appomattox Court House Confederate Cemetery (about 600 feet away); A Strategic Delay (about 600 feet away); Gordonís Attack April 9, 1865 (about 600 feet away); Tibbs Lane (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Appomattox Court House.
Also see . . . Appomattox Court House National Historical Park. (Submitted on June 27, 2015.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.