—Architect: Thomas Bast • Contractor: T. H. Johnson —
Originally designed as the Palace of Agriculture, this 80' by 160' building was labeled the Horticulture Building by the Premium List of 1906, but the Agriculture Building by Program Books from 1915, 1918, and 1920. Postcards from 1908 through 1912 call this building the Liberal Arts Building.
In the 1920s, it became the Education Building, displaying the work of Missouri's schools.
The shaped parapet and arched windows on the towers add to the Missionesque flavor of the building.
It is one of the three oldest buildings on the fairgrounds.
Erected by Missouri State Fair Commission.
Location. 38° 41.557′ N, 93° 15.486′ W. Marker is in Sedalia, Missouri, in Pettis County. Click for map. Marker and building are on the Missouri State Fairgrounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2503 West 16th Street, Sedalia MO 65301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home Economics Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Varied Industries Building (about 400 feet away); Historic Administration Building (about 400 feet away); The Merci Boxcar (about
Also see . . .
1. Missouri State Fairgrounds National Register Historic District Registration Form. (Submitted on July 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Missouri State Fair History Summary. (Submitted on July 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Education • Horticulture & Forestry • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 89 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.