Fairfield in Freestone County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Captain L.D. Bradley
(1831 - 1886)
Later commanded a regiment in defense of Texas coast and in 1864 Red River Campaign to prevent Federal invasion of Texas.
Prominent citizen and lawyer, Texas legislator, district judge.
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9860.)
Location. 31° 43.532′ N, 96° 9.601′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Texas, in Freestone County. Marker is at the intersection of East Commerce Street (U.S. 84) and South Mount Street, on the left when traveling east on East Commerce Street. Click for map. In the courthouse square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 118 East Commerce Street, Fairfield TX 75840, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Freestone County (here, next to this marker); Val Verde Battery (a few steps from this marker); Butler Church Bell (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Freestone Jail (about 700 feet away); The Fridolin (Fred) Fischer Home (about 800 feet away); The Manahan House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis Corner (approx. 8 miles away); Bonner Cemetery (approx. 10.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fairfield.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 545 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 3. submitted on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.