“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Beauregard Town

Beauregard Town Marker image. Click for full size.
November 6, 2009
1. Beauregard Town Marker
Inscription. In 1806 Elias Beauregard commissioned Ira C. Kneeland to subdivide his plantation and sold lots at public auction. Baton Rouge's first large real estate project, bounded by North, South and East Boulevards and the river, was centered around a Cathedral Square.
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Location. 30° 26.611′ N, 91° 11.035′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Government Street (Louisiana Route 73) and Napoleon Street, on the right when traveling west on Government Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. School For The Deaf (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Beauregard Town (approx. mile away); Former Governor's Mansion (approx. mile away); Mestrovic Court (approx. mile away); Flag of the State of Louisiana (approx. 0.3 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Flag of the Confederate States of America (approx. 0.3 miles away); Flag of West Florida (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 141 times since then and 80 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement