Family Fun Center
—Architects: Thomas Bast • Contractors: Heckert & Ricketts —
Built in 1903, the Family Fun Center is one of the three oldest buildings on the fairgrounds. It has served a variety of purposes and has had several names.
Constructed in 1903 as the Poultry Building, it was redesignated as the Dairy Building two years later when a new larger Poultry Building was erected. During the 1920s, it became the University Building.
The Future Farmers of America used the building from 1955 to 2002 and the building housed various exhibits and free entertainment from 2002-2008.
It was designated as the Family Fun Center in 2008.
Erected by Missouri State Fair Commission.
Location. 38° 41.574′ N, 93° 15.575′ W. Marker is in Sedalia, Missouri, in Pettis County. Click for map. Marker and building are on the Missouri State Fairgrounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2503 West 16th Street, Sedalia MO 65301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home Economics Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Commercial Building (about 400 feet away); The Merci Boxcar (about 500 feet away); Historic Administration Building
Regarding Family Fun Center. The building is called the FFA Building/Poultry Building (#56) in the National Register registration.
Also see . . .
1. Missouri State Fairgrounds National Register Historic District Registration Form. (Submitted on July 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Missouri State Fair History Summary. (Submitted on July 5, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Animals • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.