Farmington in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Village Center
The First Baptist Church, located on this site, was organized in 1826. The original structure was built in 1861, and is still in use as a church.
Erected 1976 by Farmington Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 28.037′ N, 83° 22.586′ W. Marker is in Farmington, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of Shiawassee Road and Farmington Road, on the right when traveling west on Shiawassee Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 33400 Shiawassee Road, Farmington MI 48335, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Farmington's First Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Farmington Masonic Temple and Farmington Township Hall (about 700 feet away, measured First Quaker Meeting (about 800 feet away); City of Farmington (approx. 0.2 miles away); Travel Through Time (approx. ¼ mile away); Gov. Fred M. Warner (approx. ¼ mile away); Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Potawatomi Indians of Farmington (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Farmington.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.