“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Laplace in St John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)


Laplace Marker image. Click for full size.
July 9, 2015
1. Laplace Marker
Inscription. Town of LAPLACE named when a railroad stop was established on the Bazile Laplace plantation in 1883. Post office followed in 1887.It was first named Eugenia, then renamed LAPLACE in 1892.
Erected by L' Obeservateur.
Location. 30° 4.373′ N, 90° 29.969′ W. Marker is in Laplace, Louisiana, in St John the Baptist Parish. Marker is on Airline Highway (U.S. 61) east of Percy Herbert Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Located at entrance driveway into the St. John East Bank governmental office. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1801 W Airline Hwy, La Place LA 70068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civil War Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); A. Montz (approx. one mile away); Woodland Plantation (approx. 1.2 miles away); First Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church Sanctuary (approx. 3.4 miles away); Maurin's Theater (approx. 3.7 miles away); Les Allemands (approx. 3.9 miles away); Bonnet Carré Crevasse (approx. 3.9 miles away); St. John The Baptist Catholic Church (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Laplace.
Categories. Railroads & StreetcarsSettlements & Settlers
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 50 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement