“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Laplace in St John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Woodland Plantation

Woodland Plantation Marker image. Click for full size.
July 9, 2015
1. Woodland Plantation Marker
Inscription. Acquired in 1793 & 1808 by Manuel Andry,a commandant of the German Coast. Major 1811 slave uprising organized here. Ory Bros. & A. Lasseigne were last owners of plantation. Its subdivision in 1923 spurred the growth of LAPLACE.
Erected 1984 by Woodland Planting and Manufacturing Co.
Location. 30° 3.979′ N, 90° 28.825′ W. Marker is in Laplace, Louisiana, in St John the Baptist Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Airline Highway (U.S. 61) and Main Street (Louisiana Route 44), on the right when traveling south on Airline Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: La Place LA 70068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A. Montz (approx. 0.4 miles away); Laplace (approx. 1.2 miles away); Civil War Cannon (approx. 1.2 miles away); Bonnet Carré Crevasse (approx. 2.7 miles away); Les Allemands (approx. 3.5 miles away); First Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church Sanctuary (approx. 4.6 miles away); Maurin's Theater (approx. 4.7 miles away); St. John The Baptist Catholic Church (approx. 4.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Laplace.
Categories. Antebellum South, US
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 65 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement