“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Killona in Saint Charles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Les Allemands

Les Allemands Marker image. Click for full size.
April 8, 2005
1. Les Allemands Marker
Inscription. German immigrants, led by Karl D'Arensbourg, joined other Germans from John Law's Arkansas concession to settle here in 1722. Chapel erected by 1724. These industrious German farmers saved New Orleans from famine.
Erected by German-Acadian Coast Historical & Genealogical Society.
Location. 30° 1.013′ N, 90° 29.461′ W. Marker is in Killona, Louisiana, in Saint Charles Parish. Marker is on River Road (Louisiana Route 18) 0.9 miles north of Louisiana Route 3141, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hahnville LA 70057, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bonnet Carré Crevasse (approx. 3.3 miles away); A. Montz (approx. 3.3 miles away); Woodland Plantation (approx. 3.5 miles away); Civil War Cannon (approx. 3.9 miles away); Laplace (approx. 3.9 miles away); Saint John The Baptist Church (approx. 4.5 miles away); St. John The Baptist Catholic Church (approx. 4.5 miles away); Caroline Deslonde Beauregard (approx. 4.5 miles away).
Categories. AgricultureChurches, Etc.Settlements & Settlers
Les Allemands Marker/Area image. Click for full size.
April 8, 2005
2. Les Allemands Marker/Area
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement