Warrensburg in Johnson County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Johnson County Centennial
1836 - 1936
the organization of
on December 13, 1834,
and the location of
the county seat at Warrensburg
on December 13, 1836.
Johnson County Court House
Commenced July 1896
Completed January 1898
Erected 1936 by The George Frederick Burckhartt Chapter USD of 1812, Johnson County, and Warrensburg City Council.
Location. 38° 45.907′ N, 93° 44.442′ W. Marker is in Warrensburg, Missouri, in Johnson County. Marker is at the intersection of Holden Street and Market Street, on the left when traveling north on Holden Street. Click for map. Marker is at the county courthouse entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 North Holden Street, Warrensburg MO 64093, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Johnson County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Senator Vest's World Famous Tribute to Old Drum (within shouting distance of this marker); War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Pertle Springs Welcome to Blind Boone Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); John William Boone (approx. half a mile away); Old Public Square (approx. half a mile away); Johnson County's Old Courthouse (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Warrensburg.
Also see . . . History of Johnson County, Missouri, by Ewing Cockrell (1918). (Submitted on July 13, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.