Fort Sam Houston in Bexar County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This brick wall, built circa 1890, replaced the original wood fence which enclosed the corrals, stables and wagon parks for the quartermaster depot in The Quandrangle. The two nearby buildings served as blacksmith and wheelright shops.
Erected by Fort Sam Houston Museum.
Location. 29° 26.829′ N, 98° 27.8′ W. Marker is in Fort Sam Houston, Texas, in Bexar County. Marker is on Liscum Road south of Wilson Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jbsa Ft Sam Houston TX 78234, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sam Houston House (approx. 0.2 miles away); M-1905 Field Gun (approx. ¼ mile away); M-56 Howitzer 105mm Towed (Yugoslavia) (approx. ¼ mile away); Ft. Sam Houston Quadrangle and Staff Post (approx. ¼ mile away); M-48 Medium Tank 90mm "Patton" (approx. ¼ mile away); M-59 Armored Personnel Carrier (approx. ¼ mile away); Bullis House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ludwig Mahncke (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Sam Houston.
More about this marker. Fort Sam Houston is an active military installation. Appropriate identification is required for access.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.