Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Texas Cattle Trail
To Dodge City, Kansas
and Other Northern Points.
Erected 1964. (Marker Number 5250.)
Location. 32° 43.384′ N, 99° 17.829′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Main Street (U.S. 283) and S. 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north on S. Main Street. Click for map. Marker is located on the west side of the grounds of the Shackelford County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 225 S. Main St, Albany TX 76430, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Producing Oil Well in West Texas (a few steps from this marker); Lt. Col. William E. Dyess (a few steps from this marker); James Robert Green (within shouting distance of this marker); Rear Admiral Emory Arden Grantham (within shouting distance of this marker); Lt. Colonel William Edwin Dyess (within shouting distance of this marker); Lt. General Robert Boyd Williams (within The Rev. John Brown, Clara Barton and the 1886-1887 Drought Relief (within shouting distance of this marker); Shackelford County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . . Western Trail. From the Texas State Historical Association's "Handbook of Texas Online". (Submitted on July 17, 2015.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 191 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.