St. Gabriel in Iberville Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
St - Gabriel
Church on the Iberville riverbank built in 1769 by Acadian exiles. In 1773 it was part of the Spanish Manchac (land grant) offered by the Government. German settlers arrived from Maryland in 1784.
Erected by Codofil & Commission Du Tourisme.
Location. 30° 15.257′ N, 91° 6.154′ W. Marker is in St. Gabriel, Louisiana, in Iberville Parish. Marker can be reached from Louisiana Route 75 0.2 miles south of Louisiana Route 74, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3625 LA-75, Saint Gabriel LA 70776, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Gabriel Church (here, next to this marker); The Old Saint Gabriel Church (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Raphael Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Bayou Paul Colored School (approx. 3.5 miles away); A Civil War Soldier (approx. 3.7 miles away); Staff Housing, U.S. Public Health Service Hospital, Carville (approx. 4.2 miles away); Indian Camp Plantation (approx. 4.3 miles away); Belle Grove Plantation (approx. 4.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in St. Gabriel.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 85 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?