“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Berwick in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Twin City Gospel Temple

Twin City Gospel Temple Marker image. Click for full size.
September 23, 2005
1. Twin City Gospel Temple Marker
Inscription. Originally the Methodist Episcopal Church. Built in 1886 by sugar cane plantation owenr Capt. John N. Pharr and wife Henrietta. They donated the church building and land to the Methodists in 1899.
Erected 1986 by Twin City Gospel Temple.
Location. 29° 41.586′ N, 91° 13.047′ W. Marker is in Berwick, Louisiana, in Saint Mary Parish. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street and Canton Street, on the right when traveling north on 2nd Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 Canton Street, Berwick LA 70342, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Southwest Reef Lighthouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles Morgan (approx. half a mile away); Sacred Heart Of Jesus Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Civil War Years (approx. mile away); Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); First Offshore Oil Well (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fort Star (approx. one mile away); Attakapa Militia (approx. 1.8 miles away).
Categories. Churches, Etc.
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 73 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement