Columbus in Lowndes County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Mississippi State College for Women
Erected 1950 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 33° 29.693′ N, 88° 25.225′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Mississippi, in Lowndes County. Marker is at the intersection of College Street and 11th Street South, on the right when traveling east on College Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus MS 39701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Church of the Annunciation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Demonstration School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Friendship Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Columbus (approx. 0.3 miles away); Walter "Red" Barber (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); James T. Harrison Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Christian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . . Mississippi University for Women. (Submitted on July 2, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,887 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. 2, 3. submitted on , by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.