Miami Valley Hospital
On November 11, 2008, along with then MVH President and CEO Mary Boosalis, Irv Bieser, Jr., and his sister, Cathy Bieser Black, opened the original time capsule revealing several items including their fatherís dedication remarks containing a handwritten notation.
A re-dedication ceremony was held on Sept. 30, 2011, in which Irv Bieser, Jr. and family members replaced the time capsule with new contents including mementos of the construction of the Heart and Orthopedic Centers building, which ushered in a new chapter in the history of Miami Valley Hospital.
At the dedication, Mr. Bieser read from his fatherís handwritten note of 1951:
“May this new building of the Miami Valley Hospital continue to serve the growing needs of all our citizens without discrimination- rich and poor, young and old- regardless of creed or race, for years and years to come.”
Location. 39° 44.766′
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Erma Bombeck (approx. 0.6 miles away); St. Maryís Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Abraham Lincoln (approx. one mile away); "Remember the Promises You Made in the Attic" (approx. one mile away); Roman Column (approx. one mile away); Daytonís First Church Bell (approx. one mile away); "Justitiae Dedicata" (approx. one mile away); Cooper Park (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Dayton.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.