Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gibson in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church

 
 
Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
February 17, 2011
1. Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription. Erected 1849 on land donated by Cornelius and John Wallis. During Civil War church was used as a hospital. Entered National Register of Historic Places May 8, 1986.
 
Location. 29° 41.128′ N, 90° 59.24′ W. Marker is in Gibson, Louisiana, in Terrebonne Parish. Marker is on South Bayou Black Drive 0.2 miles north of Bayou Black Drive (Louisiana Highway 182), on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is standing on ground by front entrance. Marker is in this post office area: Gibson LA 70356, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Cattle Trail (approx. 4.9 miles away); Edward D. White House (approx. 10.6 miles away); Naquin Settlement (approx. 10.7 miles away); Leighton (approx. 11.5 miles away); Orange Grove (approx. 11.7 miles away); Battle Of Georgia Landing (approx. 12 miles away); Dr. Walter Brashear (approx. 12.1 miles away); Attakapa Militia (approx. 12.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.War, US Civil
 
Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
February 17, 2011
2. Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 146 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement