“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Convent in Saint James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Uncle Sam Plantation

Uncle Sam Plantation Marker image. Click for full size.
July 25, 2015
1. Uncle Sam Plantation Marker
Inscription. First named Constancia (1812), Uncle Sam was one of Louisiana's great sugar plantations. Erected by owner Samuel P. A. Fagot between 1827-1843, the mansion and its many side buildings dominated this site until demolished during move of river levee in 1940.
Erected 1969 by Louisiana Tourist Commission.
Location. 30° 2.142′ N, 90° 49.931′ W. Marker is in Convent, Louisiana, in Saint James Parish. Marker is at the intersection of River Road (Louisiana Route 44) and Freeport Road, on the right when traveling north on River Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7250 Highway 44, Convent LA 70723, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Settlement Of Freetown (approx. one mile away); Malarcher House (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Jacques De Cabahanoce (approx. 1.5 miles away); Site of First Acadian Settlers in Louisiana (approx. 1.5 miles away); Judge Poche Plantation House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Convent (approx. 1.8 miles away); Manresa House of Retreats (approx. 3.1 miles away); Cabahanoce Plantation (approx. 3.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Convent.
More about this marker.
Uncle Sam Plantation Marker image. Click for full size.
July 25, 2015
2. Uncle Sam Plantation Marker
Owned by Mosiac Chemicals.
Categories. Antebellum South, US
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement