Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Columbus in Lowndes County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Woodlawn Cumberland Presbyterian Church

 
 
Woodlawn Cumberland Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Davis Darryl Hartness, August 26, 2007
1. Woodlawn Cumberland Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Organized 1869. Original building ¼ mile West. Rev. Thomas Benton Wood, first pastor. Land Given by Martha Kidd Vaughn, lumber by A.P. Presley.
 
Location. 33° 37.37′ N, 88° 18.88′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Mississippi, in Lowndes County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 12 and Woodlawn Road on State Highway 12. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus MS 39705, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church and Vaughn’s Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away); Unity Cemetery (approx. 3.6 miles away); Rural Hill School (approx. 6.6 miles away); Waverley (approx. 8 miles away); a different marker also named Waverley (approx. 8 miles away); William Barksdale (approx. 9.1 miles away); Military Road (approx. 10.1 miles away); Baldwin Locomotive No. 601 (approx. 10.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,023 times since then and 12 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photograph of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement