Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Matthews Memorial Presbyterian Church
Erected 1962 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3257.)
Location. 32° 43.427′ N, 99° 17.914′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of S. Jacobs Street and S. 2nd Street. Click for map. Marker is located at the northeast corner of the intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 S. Jacobs Street, Albany TX 76430, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lynch Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hartfield Building (about 500 feet away); Texas Cattle Trail (about 500 feet away); White Elephant Saloon (about 500 feet away); First Producing Oil Well in West Texas (about 500 feet away); Lt. Col. William E. Dyess (about 600 feet away); James Robert Green (about 600 feet away); Rear Admiral Emory Arden Grantham (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . .
1. History of Matthews Memorial Presbyterian Church. From the church's website. (Submitted on July 28, 2015.)
2. Photo of Matthews Memorial Presbyterian Church in 1898 (Submitted on July 28, 2015.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.