Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Established in 1823, the first Episcopal Congregation in Mobile and in the State of Alabama. Cornerstone of present edifice laid in 1835; building completed and consecrated 1842 by Leonidas Polk, Bishop of Louisiana and Alabama, later General of Artillery in Army of the Confederacy.
Erected 1953 by Historic Mobile Preservation Society.
Location. 30° 41.341′ N, 88° 2.456′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling west on Church Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 South Conception Street, Mobile AL 36602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Mobile Bar Association (about 300 feet away); How Big was the Original Fort Condé? (about 400 feet away); "Damn The Torpedoes!" The Campaigns for Mobile, 1864 - 1865 (about 400 feet away); City Hall (about 400 feet away); Mobile's First Jail (about 400 feet away); L'Arbre de Pau (about 500 feet away); Mobile's First Mardi Gras Parade (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Mobile.
Also see . . . Church website. (Submitted on August 1, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 192 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.