Odessa in Ector County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
from Tom Green County
Organized January 15, 1891
Named in honor of
Matthew Duncan Ector
Member of the Texas Legislature
A Confederate Officer and
Odessa, The County Seat
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 1379.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 52.851′ N, 102° 17.888′ W. Marker is in Odessa, Texas, in Ector County. Marker is on Business Interstate 20 east of Newell Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6801 Interstate 20E Business, Odessa TX 79762, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Comanche War Trail (here, next to this marker); Emmet V. Headlee, M.D (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Buffalo Wallow (approx. 2.3 miles away); Ector County's First Dry Hole (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Parker Family (approx. 3.9 Site of Blackshear High School (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ector County Newspapers (approx. 4.6 miles away); The White-Pool House (approx. 4.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Odessa.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.