Cheneyville in Rapides Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity Episcopal Church
Gothic Revival church built of handmade brick in 1860 and designed with separate gallery for slaves. Consecrated by Bishop Leonidas Polk in 1861. Original congregation included several prominent planters of the surrounding area.
Erected 1979 by Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism.
Location. 31° 1.344′ N, 92° 17.398′ W. Marker is in Cheneyville, Louisiana, in Rapides Parish. Marker is on Bayou Road half a mile north of Klock Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cheneyville LA 71325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Name Lecompte (approx. 7.8 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.8 miles away); Evergreen (approx. 11.7 miles away); Epps House (approx. 12.9 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.