Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1853 - 1858
offices also served as military armory
before and during the Civil war
Stalls for farmers, butchers, game
sellers and fishermen on ground floor
Officially registered in 1969 in
National Register of Historic Places
Seat of municipal government
Erected 1970 by Historic Mobile Preservation Society.
Location. 30° 41.379′ N, 88° 2.391′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is on South Royal Street south of Government Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is located at The Museum of Mobile. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 South Royal Street, Mobile AL 36602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Damn The Torpedoes!" The Campaigns for Mobile, 1864 - 1865 (a few steps from this marker); Mobile's First Mardi Gras Parade (within shouting distance of this marker); Admiral Raphael Semmes, CSA (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); How Big was the Original Fort Condé? (about 300 feet away); 10" Rifled Sea Coast Columbiad Christ Church (about 400 feet away); The Revolutionary War at Mobile (about 500 feet away); L'Arbre de Pau (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Mobile.
Looked all over the outside of the Museum of Mobile for this marker but could not find it in July, 2015.
— Submitted August 18, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 171 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. 8. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.