“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

Site of the Shiloh Baptist Church

Site of the Shiloh Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
August 14, 2015
1. Site of the Shiloh Baptist Church Marker
Inscription. On July 7, 1872, Rev. George Bird and the congregation of Shiloh Church dedicated the cornerstone of their new frame church on this site. For more than forty years the Church occupied a prominent place in the life of Spanish Town. In March 1918 this property was sold and a new church constructed on S. 14th Street.
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Location. 30° 27.288′ N, 91° 11.018′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Spanish Town Road and North Seventh Street, on the left when traveling east on Spanish Town Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the Weiss House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Spanish Town (about 700 feet away); Stewart-Dougherty House (about 800 feet away); Piņo House (about 800 feet away); a different marker also named Spanish Town (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Arsenal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Potts House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Arsenal Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Categories. Churches, Etc.
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 78 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement