Clarinda in Page County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
First School House
the first school house in Clarinda
Built in 1854
and where Theodore Roosevelt spoke
April 23, 1903
Erected 1927 by Waubonsie Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 44.156′ N, 95° 2.228′ W. Marker is in Clarinda, Iowa, in Page County. Marker is on Grant Street east of 16th Street / Glenn Miller Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is on the north grounds of the Lied Public Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 East Garfield Street, Clarinda IA 51632, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Original Clarinda High School (here, next to this marker); Vernon J. Baker (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sister Cities (approx. 0.2 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Page County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Glenn Miller (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Glenn Miller Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Clarinda.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.