Decatur in Dekalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-29.5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 46.534′ N, 84° 17.787′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Georgia, in Dekalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Ponce de Leon Ave. and Clairemont Ave, on the left when traveling west on Ponce de Leon Ave.. Click for map. This marker is located on the right hand side of the side walk leading to the Old Courthouse and is under the magnolia tree, near the Steatite Boulder marker and boulder. Marker is in this post office area: Decatur GA 30030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Steatite Boulder (a few steps from this marker); Wheeler’s Cav. at Decatur (a few steps from this marker); Houston Mill Millstone (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Decatur (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stoneman Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); The Beacon Community (approx. 0.3 miles away); Historic Decatur Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • Government • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,181 times since then and 84 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.